AceRent Logo
Request Request
korea rental apartments
  Apartments Furniture Rental Relocation Services Serviced Residence Immigration Control Foreign School Bangbae (Seorae)  
You are here : HOME > FAQ

Apartments Search

Furniture Rental

Serviced Residence

Foreign Schools

ApartmentsFurniture RentalServiced Residence
Relocation ServicesAlien RegistrationForeign School

1. What type of house should I live in?
Koreans call the high-rise residential buildings "Apartments", the most common type of accommodation in Korea. Other types that are subsequently popular are followed by "Villa" (a luxurious low-rise residential building, less than 5 levels), "House"(a private house with/without a garden/garage), "Officetel" (a studio apartment) and "Serviced Residence" (Hotel quality residential apartment with maid services for a short term lease).
2. How short is the short term lease?
If it is less than a year, it is defined as too short to rent an "Apartments", "Villa", "House" and "Officetel". "Serviced Residence" welcomes house seekers who are willing to stay in Korea more than 30 days, but less than a year. Rates can be discounted if staying a month. Rates vary in accordance with each offer from many different Serviced Residence hotels in Korea. If you need more detail, please contact our consultants now.
3. Which town is the best to live?
Itaewon, Hannam-dong and UN Village are Korea's well-known multi-cultural towns, where interesting shops, gourmet restaurants and other facilities are built close to a residential area. Since these regions have a long history as a visitors' favourite place, the atmosphere is foreigner-friendly. There are many embassies from various nations and the US Army Base. However, as a travelling time is now saved much more with Seoul's well-constructed public transportation system, it really depends on your choice now. Recently, Gangnam (in Southern Seoul), Bundang (in Gyeonggi Province; Just outside of Seoul) and other areas are founded popular for many foreign visitors and residents.
4. How big is the apartments? (No. of bedrooms/ bathrooms?)
The majority of Koreans live in 30-40pyeong (approx. 100㎡-130㎡) apartments with two to three bedrooms and one to two bathrooms, if middle class. However, it is difficult to say how big houses foreign expatriates and their family may choose to live in, because it depends on customers' changing circumstances and preferences as well. In practice, the size of apartments ranges from 30 to 100 pyeong (approx. 100㎡-330㎡).
5. Can I choose a furnished apartments?
Yes, you can choose a house with furniture. In general, an air conditioner, a washing machine, are a refrigerator are offered as necessities. Fully furnished apartments with all you need can be found many as well.
6. Can I choose apartments with fully equipped facilities such as gym and swimming pool?
Currently, among newly constructed high-rise apartments, residents might have a free access to a gym, a swimming pool and other shops and restaurants.
7. Why do I need a realtor?
We are fully recognized and legitimate realtors, and expertise in real estate market. We work as a professional adviser in your searching for a decent house. In the process of contract, you can count on us for your legally approved property rights, because we sincerely work as a legal witness in documentation. And we help you adopt yourself to a new environment in Korea, offering all the necessary living information.
8. How does my contract proceed?
1) Gathering Information Our consultants will talk to you directly about your preferences, and then collect the appropriate information to list up the best properties.
2) House Inspection Our consultants will guide you to many places in accordance with your preferences.
3) Negotiation Our consultants will adjust the opinions between the probable tenant and the property owner.
4) Documentation Our consultants will prepare all the legal documentation to help finding all the rights and duties of all parties.
5) Confirmation of a contract Our consultants have all parties a signature, for the agreement need a signature from all parties, in order to be legally binding.
6) Pre-Inspection for Already Existing Damage Before moving in, the property must be carefully inspected to check any damage that the current tenant is not responsible for.
7) Post-Inspection for Damage Caused Before moving out, the property must be carefully inspected to check if any damage has been caused. If so, the current tenant must have an financial obligation, or must make an action to change those that are damaged in status ante.
8) Clearing all the bills: Before moving-out, the tenant must clear all the bills that are due on the finishing date of the contract. In practice, tenants can clear all the bills on the same day of moving-out.
9) Moving Out: When the contract ends, the tenants will leave a house, which is supposed to be all in status ante.
9. How much do I pay rent?
The cost might vary in accordance with size of a house, a building quality, proxy to public transport and many other factors. If you need more information, please contact our consultants now.
10. How often should I pay rent?
Monthly payment, one or two year advance payment are commonly made.
11. How good is the average building security in Korea?
Except the private house, all the residential building complex have a 24 hour Guarding system/ Fire alarm/ Gas leak detector, in order to secure tenant's safety.
12. If I have any problem in the house, then who must I speak to?
You can contact a maintenance officer in your property, you can call us if any communication problem occurs. Or, if no one is in charge, you can directly speak to our consultants. Our consultants can help you communication between the repairer, the lessor, and the lessee.
13. Do I must have a property insurance?
Lessors often have a property insurance against fire. For the theft insurance to protect your belongings, please have a look at the insurance page on our web, and contact our consultants.
14. How do I throw away the garbage?
Korea is very strict on throwing away. Every tenant is responsible for recycling every materials they abandon. Not many houses have a built-in food waste disposer in Korea. Therefore, waste disposal has to be carefully concerned. Average Koreans often have a box at home to collect plastic, glass, and paper materials, separate from a small plastic basket for collecting and drying food wastes only.
Tel : +82-2-797-0330

Relocation Services
- Facility management
- Convenient life service
- Communications service
- Medical and insurance
- Financial errand service
- Network of emergency
- Preview / Look-See Trip
- Home Search
- Document Assistance
- Settling-In
- Cross Culture Training
- Departure Program
- Property Management
- Accommodation
- Work outsourcing
- Relocation
- Request
Immigration Control
- Korea Visa
- Alien Registration Card
- Returning, Re-issuance
- Reporting Obligations
- Driver's License
- Request

Apartments | Furniture Rental | Relocation Services | Serviced Residence | Immigration Control | Foreign School
Korea Apartments for Rent | Korea Houses for Rent | Korea Villas for Rent | Seoul Apartments for Rent | Seoul Houses for Rent | Seoul Villas for Rent
Home | About Us | Site Map | FAQ
Copyright © 2010 - Korea Real Estate and Relocation Co. All Right Reserved.
Registered No : 92240000-1362 / TEL +82-2-797-0330 / E-mail:
D-#207, Yongsan Park Xi Bldg, Hangangryo-1Ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, 140-752 Korea.