AceRent Logo
Request Request
korea rental apartments
  Apartments Furniture Rental Relocation Services Serviced Residence Immigration Control Foreign School Bangbae (Seorae)  
You are here : HOME > Immigration Control > Reporting Obligations

Apartments Search

Furniture Rental

Serviced Residence

Foreign Schools

Foreigners' Reporting Obligations

1. Reporting Obligations of Changes of Particulars on Alien Registration Card

A registered foreigner should report the changes of information on a alien registration card to a local immigration office of jurisdiction under one of the following circumstances.

  • When the name, sex, date of birth or nationality of a foreigner change
  • When the passport number, date of issuance or expiration date change
  • When the organizations of foreigners with one of the following visas; Culture/Arts (D-1), Study (D-2), General Training (D-4) changes its name.
  • When the organizations of foreigners under one of the following visas Press Coverage (D5), Religious Works (D6), Intra-Company Transfer (D7), Treaty Investment (D8), Treaty Trade (D9)changes its name.

Reporting Period

within 14 days from the date when the above causes take place. The registered foreigner in violation of this requirement should pay penalty.

Reporting Method

The principal or his/her agent should submit required documents to the Immigration Office under the jurisdiction.

Required Documents

  • Passport and foreign registration card
  • Application form of report on changes of particulars of foreign registration card
  • Documents verifying the changes

2. Reporting Obligation of Change of Place of Stay

When a registered foreigner changes his/her place of stay, the person should report it to the jurisdictional Immigration Office within 14 days from the foreigner’s move-in date. Penalties are imposed in breach of the obligation.

Required Documents

  • Passport and alien registration card
  • Report form of change of place of stay

3. Employer’s Declaration of Obligations

According to the Immigration Act, employers of foreigners or the heads of companies offering foreigners industrial training should declare to the Immigration Office within 15 days of the date when they know about one of the following causes. For the infringement of this obligation, penalties will be charged to employers or the head of company.

Conditions to Declare

  • In case of hiring, retirement or death of the foreign employee
  • When the hired foreigner’s place of stay is uncertain
  • When important information in employment contracts changes: when the contract period, name or location of the company, or employer changes, when the company sends the employee to another workplace, or when the foreign employee violates Immigration Law and/or other related regulations

4. Reporting Obligation of Foreign Students

For the efficient management of the increasing number of foreign and language students in Korea, the reporting obligation of foreign students is imposed on the head of domestic universities or graduate schools, where the D2 status foreign students study as well as on the head of university-affiliated language institutes, where the General Training (D4) status or Temporary Visiting (C3) status foreign students study the Korean language. If one of the following grounds for reporting arise, they must declare within 15 days of that date, or they will be fined.

Grounds for Reporting

  • When a foreign student admitted to a school or permitted to train does not register or is absent within the designated period
  • When the overseas study or training period is terminated for a foreign student because of expulsion or withdrawal, or when the whereabouts of the student are unknown
Tel : +82-2-797-0330

Relocation Services
- Facility management
- Convenient life service
- Communications service
- Medical and insurance
- Financial errand service
- Network of emergency
- Preview / Look-See Trip
- Home Search
- Document Assistance
- Settling-In
- Cross Culture Training
- Departure Program
- Property Management
- Accommodation
- Work outsourcing
- Relocation
- Request
Immigration Control
- Korea Visa
- Alien Registration Card
- Returning, Re-issuance
- Reporting Obligations
- Driver's License
- Request

Apartments | Furniture Rental | Relocation Services | Serviced Residence | Immigration Control | Foreign School
Korea Apartments for Rent | Korea Houses for Rent | Korea Villas for Rent | Seoul Apartments for Rent | Seoul Houses for Rent | Seoul Villas for Rent
Home | About Us | Site Map | FAQ
Copyright © 2010 - Korea Real Estate and Relocation Co. All Right Reserved.
Registered No : 92240000-1362 / TEL +82-2-797-0330 / E-mail:
D-#207, Yongsan Park Xi Bldg, Hangangryo-1Ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, 140-752 Korea.